At Summit Bank, Personal Attention is a Tradition.
Since we opened our first branch in Oakland in 1982, our staff has made people the number one priority. Summit Bank provides traditional banking services and a full range of financial products for individuals, businesses, and professionals, each tailored to meet the specific needs of every client. The Bank’s willingness to adapt and to innovate with new products is more than the foundation of our mission—it’s the secret to our success. We have earned the confidence of our clients and shareholders by conducting our business in a pragmatic, prudent, and profitable manner.
Summit’s approach to community banking is just as relevant now as it was in 1982, and has been welcomed in each market that we serve. We have a list of accomplishments starting with our first year of operation and every year since. We have been recognized by Local, State and National Organizations.
- 2017: American Banker ranked Summit Bank as number 136 among the top 200 Community Banks nationwide. We are one of the three top rated banks in the greater Bay Area.
- 2017: Winner of the Top 100 Corporate Philanthropists by San Francisco Business Times
- 2017: Winner of Most Influential Women in the Bay Area Business Award by the San Francisco Business Times
- 2017: 15 Time Winner of the ‘Super Premier’ Performing Banks Award by The Findley Reports on Financial Institutions
- 2014: National Community Banker of the Year from the Independent Community Bankers Association
- 2010: U.S. Banker ranked Summit Bank at number 69.
- 2009: U.S. Banker ranked Summit Bank as number 18 among the top 200 Community Banks nationwide.
- 2008: We were also recognized by U.S. Banker in June 2008 as number 41 in the nation among banks between $100 million and $3 billion in assets.
- 2007: The ABA Banking Journal recognized Summit Bank as the 33rd highest rated bank in the nation, as measured by return on average equity among banks and thrifts between $100 million and $3 billion in assets.
- 2007: 25 Most Powerful Women in Banking Award from U.S. Banker Magazine
- 2007: Majority Magner Lifetime Achievement Award from American Banker
We are extraordinarily proud of what we have accomplished throughout the years as a small community bank. Our performance has been consistent and we have been profitable for the past 35 years. We welcome you to look around our site and see what we have to offer.